Madhya Pradesh government has approved the loan waiver scheme of farmers in the cabinet. Farmers will be waived off from April 1, 2017 to December 12, 2018. Earlier it was announced to waive debt on March 31, 2018. The latest decision will benefit 35 lakh farmers. However, the farmers who pay income tax (whose other sources of income are also tax and pay taxes) will not be forgiven.
Madhya Pradesh government : After the Cabinet meeting, Minister Jitu Patwari in the press conference told that marginal and small farmers have been included in this. He said that this is the first such loan waiver scheme in the history of the country, which is implemented by any state government. For implementation of the debt waiver scheme, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the development block will be responsible. From February 22, the money will be sent to the credit certificate and the farmers’ account.
List of eligible farmers of debt waiver(Madhya Pradesh government )
- Farmers will be waived off from April 1, 2007 to December 12, 2018.
- By January 26, three types of formats will be made available to all nationalized, cooperative and rural banks. Their color will be pink, white and green.
Along with this, the list of eligible farmers of debt waiver will be put out of the respective banks.
- From January 26, farmers will have to fill any color form. The green form will be for the farmers linked to the basis. The white form will be for a non-basing farmer, but they will have another document of identification.
The pink form will be for the farmers who do not have the basis nor any other identification document. They will also be included in debt waiver.
- These farms will be distributed in the village panchayats by 5th February. From February 22, the money will be distributed to the farmers’ accounts, certificates of debt exemption will be distributed.
- Small and marginal farmers will get priority in debt waiver.
These decisions were also made in the cabinet
- 50% discount on Road Tax approved in Gwalior Trade Fair
- The first supplementary budget of 12 to 15 thousand crores was discussed.
- Considering doing social security pension from 300 to 1000 rupees. An estimated cost of Rs.1200 crores per year is estimated at this.
- Under the Sambalal scheme, it is proposed to provide beneficiaries up to 100 units at the rate of 1 rupee / unit.
204 total views, 8 views today